Monday, September 27, 2004

surabaya

I just got back from surabaya this morning. I was engaged in a conversation with the cab driver on the way home from the airport..He was so happy and talkative, which then surprised me when he told me that he was once an abusived father to his 3 children 4 years ago. He offered me to join his church's seminars which held sometimes around mid october. He was tellig me stories about his life, how his oldest daughter was dissapointed at him and how his wife who once was a muslim convert into christianity always prays to God everynight that her beloved husband will quit smoking and be a good father to their family.
He also told me that tomorrow his daughter will get the result of her stewardest test for one of Indonesian biggest airline "Garuda", she is only 19 years old. Wow..a young girl who had to work to help her father put her little sister through college. He was so happy when he told me all of these thing about his daughter, i saw a spark in his face, a proud father. I was so moved by his story.

Now i learned that "prayers will work wonders" and "if you want to dream, dream big"

~ki~

No comments: