Thursday, June 15, 2006

Out from the comfort zone

Its all started when a head hunter from magnetic consulting was calling my dear, offering him 2 jobs, one in singapore for Levi's and the other in Australia.

This back and fort called was only happen a week ago, apparently my dear told the head hunter to put him on the Singapore Job, because the aussie job was for 6 months contract, while the singapore one is for 2 years contract with the possibility of extension or permanent.

After second interview with their IT Director, my dear secure the job, and had to sign contract yesterday.

So today, my dear went to see our boss, and gave him the letter of resignation, to our surprise, our boss didn't even said anything to made him stay, he even said he knew that all senior might not like the result of the merger, and sooner or later he will lose all his senior. My dear also said, that i will resign as well, i was supposed to see him this afternoon after his meeting, but i think i will see later.

O well, at least my dear had the courage to move from his comfort zone which begining to be not so comfortable anymore.

We will start a new begining, where we both have to start with only the two of us, overseas, no family and no friends. But I think we can make it and will make it.

No comments: