Friday, August 25, 2006

An old friend of mine

I have received an sms from a very old friend of mine, she apparently got my singapore number from my younger brother. She used to live in perth, and was a friend of Lia (my best friend).
Anyways, she called me and i was curious as what was she doing here and was wondering whether what lia told me before was true, about her being separate (maybe even divorce) and she move to singapore to enter some beauty course or something. And it turns out that what lia told me was totally true, she separate from her husband the day her son was born, her son is now 2 1/2 years old, which means that she has been a single parents for nearly 3 years already.

Hmm, after hearing her story, i couldn't help but thinking how lucky i am, to have married the one i truly love, and not just marrying someone for the shake of "getting married'.

The reason why i said this was because some of my friends were getting married for the wrong reason. Which then end up living with a regrets, some then decide to get a divorce, some still trying to figure it out what they want from their relationship (too late when you already say I DO isn't it?).

No comments: